The prestigious annual String Math conference will be held in Australia for the first time in 2023, hosted by The University of Melbourne. String Math is an annual conference held in different locations around the world. Its aim is to cover the most important recent developments at the interface between string theory, quantum field theory and mathematics, while keeping a rough balance between physics and mathematics, stimulating interactions between the two communities. The conference will assemble the top people in the field. The schedule may include ‘paired talks’ by mathematicians and physicists on the same topic, as well as open or focussed discussion sessions. The conference will include outreach events such as a public lecture to be publicised via established networks through schools in Victoria.
- Professor Paul Norbury, The University of Melbourne (Chair)
- Professor Peter Bouwknegt, Australian National University
- Dr Johanna Knapp, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Pedram Hekmati, University of Auckland
- Dr Yaping Yang, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Gufang Zhao, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Thomas Quella, The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor David Ridout, The University of Melbourne
This workshop is supported by AMSI and AustMS through the AMSI-AustMS Workshop Funding program.