- Dates: 10 October 2014 2:00 pm - 10 October 2014 3:00 pm
- Venue: ACE Room 310, Physical Sciences 2 - La Trobe University, Bundoora
- Categories: Access Grid Room seminars
- Speaker: Roslyn Hickson and Melanie Roberts (IBM)
Please note the time is AEDT.
IBM Research opened the Australia lab in 2011 with a handful of researchers. Over the past three years we have grown to approximately 100 members working across Natural Resources, Healthcare, Emergency Management, Social Analytics and a range of tangentially relevant projects. Worldwide, the Business Solutions and Mathematical Sciences team numbers approximately 400 mathematicians working across a diverse range of projects. In this talk we will introduce you to IBM Research and provide an overview of the work team members are doing locally, including applications in optimisation, data analytics, and physical modelling, focussing in particular on applications of physical modelling to healthcare and natural resources.
Host university: La Trobe University
Seminar Convener: Yury Nikolayevsky
AGR Support: Darren Condon
1. Book your University’s Access Grid Room, or a university or APAC etc. Access Grid Room that you are able to use, and
2. Send an email to the local seminar convenor at La Trobe (Yury Nikolayevsky) with a cc to Darren Condon to advise that you will be attending the seminar.