- Dates: 9 October 2014 4:00 pm - 9 October 2014 5:00 pm
- Venue: AGR Room 66, Building 8, Level 9 - RMIT University
- Categories: Access Grid Room seminars
- Speaker: Prof. Aleks Owczarek (University of Melbourne)
Please note time is AEDT.
We consider two different lattice models involving two directed random walks from a statistical mechanics perspective. We consider the exact solution of these models using the so-called “kernel method”. We discuss the types of solution and the asymptotic behaviour of the walks as models of polymer adsorption and DNA denaturation.
Host university: RMIT University
Seminar Convener: Stelios Georgiou
1. Book your University’s Access Grid Room, or a university or APAC etc. Access Grid Room that you are able to use, and
2. Send an email to the seminar convenor at RMIT University (Stelios Georgiou) to advise that you will be attending the seminar.