In September 2017 a conference will be held to commemorate the life and work of Jonathan M. Borwein.
The conference will be devoted to five areas to which Jonathan Borwein made an outstanding contribution:
- Applied Analysis, Optimisation and Convex Functions (chairs: Regina Burachik and Guoyin Li)
- Education (chairs: Judy-anne Osborn & Naomi Borwein)
- Experimental Mathematics and Visualisation (chair: David Bailey)
- Financial Mathematics (chair: Qiji (Jim) Zhu)
- Number Theory, Special Functions and Pi (chair: Richard Brent)