R workshops tailored for biology/ecology on the 5-7 February 2018.
Presenters: Prof Anthony Richardson (UQ Centre for Applications in Natural Resource Mathematics), Associate Prof David Schoeman (University of the Sunshine Coast), Dr Chris Brown (Griffith University) and the Advanced R Dr Bill Venables (CSIRO).
We provide comprehensive Workshop notes, including basic theory, applied worked examples in biology/ecology, and solution code.
INTRODUCTION to R: 9am – 4pm on the 5 February at UQ 01-E302, Forgan Smith Building
- Getting data into R
- Summary Statistics
- Simple Graphics
- Manipulating Data
- Simple statistics
Cost: $200/$150 students
INTERMEDIATE R: 9am – 4pm on the 6-7 February at UQ 01-E302, Forgan Smith Building
- Model selection
- GLMs for binary and count data
- Spatial analysis
This workshop is for you if you have been using R and want to improve your skills.
Cost: $400/$300 students
ADVANCED R: 9am – 4pm on the 5-7 February at UQ 01-E356, Forgan Smith Building
- Advanced data manipulation and visualisation.
- Advanced graphics
- Statistical model building based on traditional and machine learning techniques
- Programming and software development in the R language
If you have used R extensively, then the Advanced R Workshop is for you.
Cost: $600/$450 students
- June 2017: “I truly enjoyed the whole workshop. Great teachers, really nice real data examples and good notes and background. Everything was very well thought out and explained.”
- June 2017: “I was really impressed with everything covered and how it was presented. I am feeling a lot better about using stats now than I was previously. I think it should be a compulsory course for all PhDs, particularly in biol/sees/gpem.”