AMSI has set the following program objectives
Long-term program objectives
- Male and female participants are approximately equal in number and of a high calibre.
- Significant increases in participation of high calibre persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) descent.
- By the year 2020 at least 20% of participants will be from low socio-economic status (SES) backgrounds.
Short-term program objectives
- Male and female participants
- Participants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Participants from low socio-economic status backgrounds should reflect the current cohort of enrolled mathematical sciences undergraduate and postgraduate students.
In the 2013/14 period attendance at the vacation schools and scholarship events increased by 25% overall, female participation increased at all events and the AMSI Schools program expanded significantly, through it’s work inspiring more females, ATSI and low SES students to continue with the study of mathematics and statistics.