About the role
Reporting to and working with the Board, the Chief Executive Officer key responsibilities include identifying and delivering income generation opportunities, collaborating with others to promote advocacy through active communication and engagement, representing MAV and its members on various committees and panels, securing and maintaining funding, and managing the organisational resources to ensure best practice business management and governance including financial and HR policies, processes and procedures.
The Board recognise that this as a role will require highly developed executive leadership skills and experience, and a forward-thinking CEO to take this organisation with a great history and staff to expand further it’s impact and services.
The CEO is responsible for the overall management of the association in order to achieve the organisation’s objectives. This role will provide effective leadership to a team of approximately 9 staff while actively developing and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders including funding partners, project delivery partners, sponsors and other organisations across the education sector.
- CEO role leading products and services for mathematics education across early childhood, primary and secondary schools in Victoria
- Lead a high profile, reputable and growing NFP organisation to implement strategic plans and initiatives
- Work with a supportive Board, and lead a committed and successful staff
- Utilise your commercial acumen and partnership skills to maintain and grow work, and deliver upon budgets
- Support MAV’s vision of ‘Valuing Mathematics in Society’ to enhance opportunities for all students and the community
- Brunswick based location
How to apply
- You must be an Australian citizen or able to work in Australia
- A position description is available upon request.
- Applications close at 5pm on 13 February 2023
- Please provide an indication of expected salary in your application
- Send applications, including a cover letter (max. 1 page) addressing key criteria and CV to Peter Saffin, firstname.lastname@example.org
More information here: https://www.mav.vic.edu.au/ccms.r?Pageid=6036&tenid=MAV&DispMode=goto|0x0000000002928792