- 3-year fixed-term contract with underlying substantive Level E Professor position
- Based at the Melbourne City campuses
- A key appointment within the School of Science’s leadership team
About the College:
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before. STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers, and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing. The College is renowned for its exemplary research in many STEM areas including advanced manufacturing and design; computing technologies; health innovation and translational medicine; nano materials and devices; and sustainable systems. Our brilliant researchers attract funding from government and industry sources. Industry is at the heart of what we do. It ensures our research has real world impact, and our students are truly work-ready. Under the leadership of DVC STEM College & Vice President, we have established new hubs of industry-connected digital innovation and endeavour and are engaging with global STEM organisations at scale.
The Associate Dean is a critical member of the School leadership team, providing senior leadership for the Discipline’s academic and research performance and growth. This leadership position is accountable for directing and managing the designated Discipline teams and working collaboratively to enable the School of Science and the STEM College to deliver on the next stage of transformation.
The role will be instrumental in leading change in the way STEM College delivers the student experience by embracing interactive, digitally enabled student-centred learning experiences and identifying and implementing innovative and creative initiatives which enhance student and employee experience. The Associate Dean will provide academic and tactical leadership and is responsible for leading, managing and developing staff to deliver on the College research and learning and teaching strategies. Key to the success of the Associate Dean will be leading, influencing, mentoring, developing strategy and managing change.
To be successful in this position you will ideally have:
- Evidence of transformational leadership within the discipline or on a national scale.
- High-level interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills including the ability to consult, network and build relationships within the organisation and externally.
- Strong academic leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver on strategic objectives.
- Established international research record in a relevant discipline, with the demonstrated capacity to lead and promote excellent research in your field.
- Proven record of innovative teaching in a discipline relevant to the Mathematics or Statistics underpinned by a deep understanding of contemporary Learning and Teaching theory.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant industry and training priorities
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to act tactically based on organisational priorities and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in a collegiate environment and to develop and achieve shared goals and objectives, and to negotiate agreed directions and outcomes.
- Capacity to influence positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively to foster effective sharing of information.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated capacity to promote learning and teaching.
Applications Close: 16 Oct 2022 11.59 pm