European Girls’ Olympiad in Informatics (EGOI) is a high level computer programming contest for young women in secondary school. Next year’s competition will be held in the Netherlands (21 July – 27 July 2024). The primary role of the EGOI Team Leader is to assist in the selection, training and management of the Australian EGOI team. The role will be involved across several Informatics Olympiad activities including training schools, team selection and competition events (domestic and international).
Under direction and supervision of the Director of Training – Informatics:
- Accompany, supervise, monitor and manage the EGOI team and staff, including attendance at: Selection Schools and Schools of Excellence, EGOI team announcement and EGOI competition
- Contribute to and support the annual Informatics training programs as required
- In conjunction with the Director of Training, assist in the identification and selection of students for the Selection School and School of Excellence through participation on selection committees and review of competition results
- Advise the Selection Committee and Director of Training in the determination of the EGOI team
- Assist the Director of Training – Informatics in the identification of staff who will be involved with the School of Excellence, the Selection School and other activities
- Coordinate the EGOI team training including delivering lecturing and mentoring activities
- Other tasks as reasonably directed by the Director of Training – Informatics or Director | Performance and Pathways
More details in the Position Description
Applications close at 5pm Monday 16 October 2023.