- Do you love Maths and can you find creative and interesting ways to explain or teach it to others?
- Do you want an opportunity to make an impact within a global technology and learning company?
- Can you see yourself as part of a high performing, passionate and collaborative team?
Nelson Cengage creates learning solutions that use technology, pedagogy and content to enrich student engagement in the School, Higher Education / Vocational and Professional educational sectors in Australia and New Zealand. We are passionate about learning, innovation and engagement. We seek to employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
At Cengage we set the bar higher to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers by putting learning first. We embrace diverse thoughts and backgrounds and challenge ourselves and others for continuous improvement.
As a Product Manager (Publisher) in the Secondary School division, you would join the team on a 12-month contract based in our Melbourne head office (with flexibility around work from home arrangements). A Product Manager is the specialist in their market, the problem solver for the learner, and the leader of their project team across Cengage. They are accountable for the entire lifecycle of products, end to end.
- Understand and identify market opportunities and trends to produce innovative and profitable new products for use in Secondary schools around Australia
- Develop a range of print, digital or blended Maths resources that are customer-focused, evidence-based, curriculum aligned and learner centric
- Recruit dynamic new contributors and retain existing authors to build and nurture a trusted team of content creators, reviewers and consultants and influencers.
- Self-starter, with strong personal and project management skills, and a structured manner to keep projects on track
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with other team members and key people in the education community
- Proven ability to network and build relationships, demonstrating mutual respect and acceptance of diverse thoughts and backgrounds
- A willingness to curate, test and iterate ideas in order to generate real value to the customer
- An interest in or experience with Learning Design or Instructional Design.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of education technologies and the Australian Secondary Education market. Experience in a commercial educational publishing role and/or Secondary teaching experience is desirable. An undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification in mathematics and/or a Postgraduate qualification in publishing, project management, teaching or a related field is desirable. Some interstate travel will be required.
The salary package offered will be commensurate with skills and experience. Remuneration includes a car allowance and bonus incentive scheme. A detailed job description is available upon request. This contract position requires a Working with Children check.
Applications in writing, quoting reference PMM0123 should be forwarded to the:
Human Resources Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: by Friday 23 June