Definition of a kite
- A kite is a quadrilateral with two pairs of adjacent sides equal.
- A kite may be convex or non-convex.
Properties of a kite
- The opposite sides of a rhombus are parallel.
- The opposite angles of a rhombus are equal.
- The diagonals of a rhombus bisect each vertex angle.
- The diagonals of a rhombus bisect each other at right angles.
Test for a kite
A quadrilateral is a kite if:
- one diagonal bisects the vertex angles through which it passes, or
- one diagonal is the perpendicular bisector of the other diagonal.