Are you ready to take on a critical role in developing secondary resources for a market-leading Australian publisher? Cambridge University Press, one of the most respected publishing companies in the world, seeks a Mathematics Development Editor to work on our leading years 7-12 mathematics products for the national education market.
The successful candidate will provide support to the mathematics publishing team in developing and delivering mathematics textbooks, digital resources, teacher support, and other instructional materials for secondary schools throughout Australia.
This is a one-year contract position that has strong potential to turn into an ongoing role. It would suit a recent tertiary education mathematics graduate.
- Assist Publishers and Commissioning Editors in the development of mathematics resources, both print and digital, in line with Press standards and organisational requirements
- Liaise with authors and consultants throughout the manuscript creation process
- Prepare and develop manuscripts for handover
- Check and process errata for published titles, including responding to customers and other stakeholders
- Conduct market research in anticipation of new titles and to keep aware of the changing needs of the marketplace
- Attend workshops and conferences where required
Carrying out any other duties which might be reasonably expected of you by senior members of the Publishing team.
The successful candidate will have:
- an undergraduate degree in mathematics or a closely related field
- well-developed English language writing, and comprehension skills
- exceptional attention to detail
- proficiency in LaTeX
- proficiency with other mathematical tools for creating graphs, diagrams and other mathematical objects
- strong organisational skills
- the ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- keen analytical and research skills
- strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- a positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude
- proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
What we can offer:
- A creative and collaborative working environment
- Opportunities for Professional Development and training
- Convenient office location in Port Melbourne with possibility for remote work for the right candidate
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangement
- Free onsite parking, and good access to public transport
- Discretionary annual bonus, annual flu vaccinations and free access to EAP counselling services
Please submit your application via the SEEK.com.au website https://www.seek.com.au/job/66352780. You will be asked to supply a CV and covering letter that addresses your suitability to the selection criteria.
Friday, 7 April, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.