Biostatistician at VICNISS Coordinating Centre
The VICNISS Coordinating Centre is an independent centre fully funded by the Department of Health, Victoria, to coordinate surveillance of hospital acquired infections in Victoria. It is responsible for support and maintenance of the Victorian hospital associated infection surveillance system in hospitals across Victoria. The Centre is recognised as a leader in the surveillance of hospital acquired infections.
VICNISS requires the services of an experienced biostatistician to assist with data analysis of large complex datasets. This position involves working with a multidisciplinary team. The core business of the centre consists of producing reports and analyses on infection rates and associated hospital performance indicators. The centre also carries out research into the epidemiology of healthcare associated infections and interventions aimed at reducing these infections.
This is a full time, permanent position (80 hours per fortnight including ADO).
- Post-graduate qualification in Epidemiology (PhD, Master of Applied Epidemiology, MPH or equivalent)
- Experience with the manipulation of large data sets including hierarchical modelling
- Experience with the use of statistical packages and business intelligence systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record in analysis and manipulation of large datasets
- You will have a record of publications in peer reviewed journals
Direct enquiries to
Dr Ann Bull
03 9342 9351
A/Prof Leon Worth