- Dates: 30 June 2014 - 4 July 2014
- Venue: School of Mathematics & Applied Statistics - University of Wollongong
- Categories: Scientific Workshop
- Website: www.eis.uow.edu.au/smas/operator-algebra-dynamic-systems/index.html
This workshop focuses on the interactions between dynamical systems and operator algebras. Dynamical systems were introduced as a mathematical framework for analysing time-dependant physical systems. Operator algebras stem from the quantisation of classical mechanics, and provide an algebraic structure for studying dynamical systems. This deep connection between traditionally separate fields has inspired a highly successful, emerging area of research.
International leaders from both fields will meet to discuss trends and open problems. This will forge strong links with the international community, and will introduce ECRs to an exciting area of new research interaction, thus fostering the next generation of researchers.
• Adam Sørensen, University of Wollongong
• Samuel Webster, University of Wollongong
• Michael Whittaker, University of Wollongong
• Murray Elder, University of Newcastle